I am a trained Cognitive Behavioural Therapist and a Mental Health Nurse with over 18 years experience working in Mental Health.
As well as my private practice, I work as a Brief Intervention Therapist. This consists of working in G.P practices for the past 12 years providing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for an array of people for a variety of presenting problems such as anxiety, depression and work stress. I provide extended sessions of CBT within this role for more complex presentations such as OCD (Obsessional Compulsive Disorder and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
I have also worked as a Mental Health Nurse in the acute psychiatric wards in Christchurch and in the U.K Before re training in mental health and CBT, I taught outdoor pursuits and worked with students and corporate company’s on team building courses and management training courses. This enables me to have unique insight when dealing with work place stress or other work place issues.
Outside of work, I am a Mum to two teenagers and a wife. Winters will find me being a taxi driver to them up to Porters Ski field (could be worse places to spend my day, great views). We do all the regular things as a family, we camp, spend time together and my son jump scares me around the house.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Sciences endorsed in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (University of Otago)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Health Sciences endorsed in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (University of Otago)
- Diploma in Mental Health Nursing (De Montfort University, U.K)
- Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Aotearoa New Zealand Association for Cognitive Behavioural Therapies (ANZA CBT)